We recognise that the Force is accountable to the public and we need to get the most from limited resources.
In the area of finance, resources and service delivery, we will achieve this by delegating responsibility, accountability and decision making to the most appropriate levels.
- 1. value for money approaches are applied;
2. public funds are safeguarded; and
3. funding decisions are made with honesty and integrity;
- ensure divisional commanders and departmental heads remain committed to the corporate interests of the Force, i.e. continue to deploy resources to meet local needs and various Force and divisional policing plans;
- distribute funds based on territories and give senior managers discretion to further devolve responsibility within their own divisions or departments;
- provide clear guidelines to senior managers so that they understand what decisions they can make and what they are responsible for;
- clarify the operating framework between different departments and divisions so that budgets can be recharged, where appropriate; and
- monitor and review to ensure optimum value for money is being achieved.
If you have a query about this policy, please telephone 101 and ask for the Head of Finance.
Alternatively, you may write to West Yorkshire Police Headquarters, PO Box 9, Laburnum Road, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 3QP, England.