West Yorkshire Police aims to deliver the best service possible to its communities and stakeholders through the implementation of effective strategic planning arrangements throughout the organisation.
We aim to:
- have clarity of vision and commitment to improving public confidence and customer satisfaction, with chief officer lead on strategic plans and policy, supported by well managed plans of action, robust monitoring and evaluation processes;
- undertake a Force Strategic Assessment on an annual basis, drawing on information from intelligence, performance, risk management and environmental scanning to identify priorities for the Force;
- recognise the needs and priorities of the communities we serve in setting the strategic direction and priorities of the Force;
- co-ordinate the planning cycle and have clear ‘top to bottom’ links between Force strategy, policy and plans, divisional and departmental plans, neighbourhood policing plans and individuals’ personal development plans;
- integrate financial and workforce planning into strategic planning;
- engage with the Police Authority, Community Safety Partnerships and Local Criminal Justice Boards in the planning cycle and ensure clear links to budget setting and performance management;
- have divisional and departmental plans which implement the Force Policing Plan locally, supported by performance targets and monitoring processes with clear ownership and accountability for service delivery;
- communicate strategies that provide external and internal communications, incorporating mechanisms for full staff engagement and feedback at all levels;
- have robust change management programmes to drive performance improvement, which are project managed, involve staff and are well communicated; and
- encourage a continuous improvement culture with a focus on performance management and placing the motivation and capability to realise service improvement in the hands of staff and leadership across the Force.