Halifax Central Local Priorities
Below are your local Priorities as agreed by your local NPT at a recent PACT meeting - these priorities are promises made by your local NPT. Please read the news pages for updates and information about how these priorities are being addressed by your local team.
To reduce parking problems at Grantham Road. (Double parking, parking on double yellow lines, dangerous and obstructive parking).
As a result of the last PACT meeting, the above priority is to remain and further action will now be taken.
To increase hi-visibility patrols in Akroyd Park and Square Park in order to tackle anti social behaviour and criminal damage. Daily 19:00 - 00:00 hrs.
Some of the below actions planned to respond to the above priority.
- Regular patrols in the above areas.
- Stop/searches where appropriate.
- Alcohol seizures for those found in possession.
- Directions to leave will be issued in appropriate cases and arrests made for criminal offences.
To reduce speeding traffic on Boothtown Road/Claremount Road.
In response to the above, Calderdale Road Safety Team monitored the speed of traffic travelling along Claremount Road last month.
The results have shown that enforcement action is now likely to be taken as some drivers were travelling upto 49 mph.
To tackle anti-social behaviour on Queens Road (proximity of Queens Road Neighbourhood Centre and neighbouring shops)
- seek to engage with people congregating in area for an unlawful purpose to deter from acting anti-socially
- use diversionary activities and utilise partner agencies to assist with above
- take positive action in response to calls made
- conduct reassurance patrols to discourage anti social activity
To deal with low level drug use and anti-social behaviour in and around Stansfield Close. This priority was reviewed at the PACT meeting on 2/1/13. Incidents have continued therefore the priority will remain.
Some of the actions planned for the next six weeks:-
- targetted patrols by local officers focusing on specific times
- stop and search powers utilised where appropriate
- enforcement against those found in illegal possession of controlled drugs
- Referrals to partner agencies to divert activity away from residential area
Savile Park & Skircoat
To reduce anti social behaviour (youth nuisance, street drinking, littering/graffiti) in the Manor Drive area. Weekends Friday - Sunday, 18:00 to 02:00 hrs.
We are continuing to meet your priorities by -
- Regular patrols of the area, particularly targetting known anti social behaviour venues
- Alcohol seizures including names/addresses taken of those found causing a nuisance
- Issuing Directions to Leave (A ban from the area for upto 48 hours)
- Making home visits made to speak to parents
- Intelligence gathering identifying youths
- Liaising with youths workers in order to identify/arrange diversionary activities
To reduce the amount of speeding vehicles on Whitegate Road and Oxford Lane.
To reduce the amount of vehicles speeding along Bank Top, Southowram.
To reduce parking problems/inconsiderate road use around Withinfields Primary School between 08:15 - 09:00 hrs and 15:00 - 16:00 hrs.
Local PCSO, Philippa Taylor, has visited Withinfields School this week in order to discuss the above parking issue and a possible way forward to alleviate the problem. A parking operation involving teachers, parents, local residents and the police is now being drawn up ready to be implemented in September of the new school year.
p.s. Whilst at the school, PCSO Taylor found time to say a big hello to the reception children.
Reduce drug use and anti-social use of motorvehicles on Old Causey car park between 2100hrs and 2300hrs.