West Yorkshire Police

For non-emergencies dial 101 - In an emergency always dial 999

Contact Us

Contacting the Police in an Emergency

Always dial 999 in an emergency where there is a danger to life, or a crime is in progress. This number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. From a mobile phone, please dial 999 or 112. 


Live Chat

Talk online to one of our operators - not for emergency use. In an emergency always call 999.



101 - Non Emergency Number

Telephone 101 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for non-emergencies where:

  • Police attendance is requiredJust ring 101 - easy to remember, easy to call
  • To report a crime
  • To report other incidents
  • For general help/advice

Read about the latest Forcewide initiative on the misuse of the 999 Emergency Number and the correct use of the Non Emergency Number 101.

If you cannot use the 101 number from your phone and would like to use a regular telephone number, please follow the link below to find the telephone number of your local Neighbourhood Policing Team, this method must only be used to contact a specific Officer with a query relating to an ongoing incident. 101 should be the main number called in Non Emergences.

Report a crime online


Report Minor Crime Online

You can report minor crime online using our simple step-by-step online form. Click here to submit a minor crime online.


Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Deaf and Hard of Hearing information

Deaf and hard of hearing information, click here.


Local Crime Tracker

Local Crime TrackerAs part of our commitment to offering greater choice and new ways to communicate with victims of crime West Yorkshire Police have launched Local Crime Tracker.

The service offers convenience as it allows members of the public to see the status of a recorded crime - and also provides details of the officer dealing with the case. Access to our new Contact the Officer on Line is also available to send messages at any time.

Click here to view the Local Crime Tracker



Contacting your local Neighbourhood Policing Team

Click here to visit the Neighbourhood Policing Team pages

Every neighbourhood in West Yorkshire has its own dedicated policing team.  You can contact the team via telephone or email, or attend one of their local public meetings, to discuss neighbourhood issues.

Find your local team and contacts via the postcode search tool or use the maps, on the Neighbourhourhood Policing Team website.

Alternatively your NPT may also be on Facebook and / or Twitter - find out more about NPTs on Social Media here.


Calling in at Your Local Police Station

Details of your nearest local police station along with opening times and directions maps can be found on our divisional pages. To find these, use the NPT link above, then click the part of the map covering your local area to reveal your local Divisional page. Once on the divisional page, scroll down past the Divisional map, to view your local police station details. Opening times are listed along with telephone number, postal address and a link to google maps.


Our Frequently Asked Questions

There is a national "Ask the Police" website which answers many of the questions asked by members of the public. There is a useful A to Z section plus a contact page for West Yorkshire Police.



Counter Terrorism / Anti-Terrorism

  • Anti-Terrorist Hotline : 0800 789 321

Click here for Further Counter Terrorism information


General Enquiries by mail to:

West Yorkshire Police Headquarters
PO Box 9

(Please note the above address is strictly for post only and is a PO Box, if you need to use a postcode for satellite navigation to get to West Yorkshire Police headquarters, please use WF1 3QS).


CrimestoppersCrimestoppers - 0800 555 111

If you have any information about crime, contact Crimestoppers on Freephone 0800 555 111 - 24 hours a day. You don't have to give your name and you may qualify for a cash reward.

This is a free phone number when dialling from a UK land line - when dialling from a mobile phone knock of the first zero - calls from a mobile are not free and are charged at standard call rates.


Online Request Forms

Firearms Forms and Contact Details


Recruitment Forms

The links below go to the relevant recruitment sections, if we are currently recruiting, the links to the relevant forms will be available on the respective linked pages.


Complaints Against Police


Subject Access Request Forms

The Subject Access provisions of the Data Protection Act gives an individual the right to have a copy of any personal data held on them.

Click here to view the Subject Access Request Form.

Please Note: West Yorkshire Police can not advise on Visa Applications, please refer to the website for the relevant country that you need to visit.


Reporting Fraud Online

Have you’ve been scammed, conned or defrauded. Report it online on www.actionfraud.org.uk


Reporting Illegal Images on the Web

The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) operates the only INTERNET ‘hotline’ in the UK for reporting illegal images on the web.
Working in partnership with Police, Government, the internet and mobile industries, the IWF provides this free service for the general public which is aimed at minimising the availability of illegal content to protect internet users.
What do we mean by illegal images on the web? This means images and in some cases text, which you see or may be inadvertently exposed to on a website, which contains any of the following:

Child abuse images (also known as ‘child pornography’)
Criminally obscene content which means images featuring acts of extreme and violent sexual activity  
If you genuinely stumble across such images accidentally, or are inadvertently exposed to them you must report them to the IWF.

It is an offence to deliberately seek out illegal images and purposely viewing child abuse images can carry a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.

Why should I report these images?
Reports from the public help us to combat this content and where possible, have it removed. This makes the internet a safer place for everyone.
Child abuse images reflect the real abuse of a child and your reports to the hotline might help the authorities to trace and rescues a young victim from further abuse.

How do I report?
Go to the IWF website www.iwf.org.uk and complete the step-by-step form. The form is easy to navigate and reports can be submitted anonymously.


Document Guidance

Note, some of the above files are in PDF format. To view these files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free from Adobe.
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader*.

Further PDF accessibility information, including details of accessing PDF documents using 'Assistive Technology' is available from access.adobe.com. This website is a resource designed to help people with visual disabilities work more effectively with Adobe® Acrobat® software and Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The site includes information about Acrobat 5.0, online conversion tools, Information and resources including FAQ's and links as well as downloads.

Page Updated November 2014

For non-emergencies dial 101
In an emergency always dial 999


Get Involved!