Strategic Planning and Performance Committee
Agendas also include reports for the public part of meetings.
|14 September 2012||Agenda (Word Doc 930kb)||Minutes (PDF 45kb)|
|18 May 2012||Agenda (Word Doc 4.7Mb)||Minutes (PDF 47kb)|
|10 February 2012||Agenda (Word Doc 644kb)||Minutes (PDF 40kb)|
|18 November 2011||Agenda (Word Doc 832kb)||Informal Notes (PDF 47kb)|
|19 August 2011||Agenda (Word Doc 814kb)||Minutes (PDF 47kb)|
|20 May 2011||Agenda (Word Doc 1.06Mb)||Minutes (PDF 41kb)|
|11 February 2011||Agenda (Word Doc 1.43Mb)||Minutes (PDF 37kb)|
|19 November 2010|
Agenda (Word Doc 1.08Mb)
|Minutes (PDF 42kb)|
|6 August 2010||Agenda (Word Doc 1.78Mb)||Minutes (PDF 54kb)|
|14 May 2010||Agenda (Word Doc 2Mb)||Minutes (PDF 51kb)|
|26 February 2010||Agenda (Word Doc 1.01Mb)||Minutes (PDF 51kb)|
Members of the Strategic Planning & Performance Committee for 2012/13 are:-
Ann Liston (Chair), Richard Baldwin (Vice-Chair), Roger Grasby, Alison Lowe, Steven Rollinson, Ken Smith and Michael Walls.
Terms of Reference
1. Lead and oversee the preparation the Policing Plan, including the setting of clear, ambitious and relevant performance indicators, targets and actions.
2. Ensure that the force is meeting the targets and any key diagnostic indicators, delivering actions as set out in the Policing Plan, efficiency and productivity/value for money agenda.
3. Ensure the force Efficiency and Productivity (Operation Transform) Strategy is aligned to the strategic direction of the Authority and force and oversee effective delivery of the Strategy.
4. Ensure that areas of budget development achieve/deliver their expected outcomes and that the impact on performance of budget savings is assessed and monitored.
b) To satisfy members that:
5. The force and Authority have adequate and effective processes in place to monitor and improve value for money and productivity, in areas relevant to this committee.
6. The force and Authority promote and support collaboration working between forces and other local public services to improve efficiency, reduce costs and manage risk more effectively in the delivery of services regionally, in areas relevant to this committee.
7. Recommendations from relevant Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary reports and those of other external regulatory bodies are implemented effectively and to appropriate timescales, and that all external inspection reports are being reported on at Police Authority Committees.
c) Additional responsibilities:
8. Approve the content of the Local Policing Summary.
9. Identify strategic risks for the force and Authority and to action these or remit these to other Committees as appropriate.
10. Commission topics for wider, in-depth inquiry by scrutiny groups and receive, endorse and action recommendations resulting from the work of scrutiny groups.
d) In carrying out the above responsibilities, the Committee will:
11. make sure it takes into account views of people in West Yorkshire about policing.
12. promote equality and diversity, and monitor the force’s compliance with the Human Rights Act 1998.
(c) Quorum (minimum number of members needed to make decisions)