Christmas Card Competition 2020
Thursday 3rd December
Chief Constable John Robins spent time on Tuesday evening deliberating over all the wonderful Christmas Card Competition entries we had received from across West Yorkshire. He managed to narrow the tough competition down to one winner and 5 runners up.
After much deliberation, the winner of this year's Christmas Card Competition is Charlie Murphy aged 7 from Newsome in Huddersfield. Well Done Charlie! His amazing design will be turned into the official West Yorkshire Police Christmas Card for 2020.
Mr Robins was delighted with the time and effort many children had put into the amazing pictures and we also have 5 runners up, who will all receive a goody bag!
Tuesday 1st December
Our Christmas card competition has now closed - thank-you for all your entries.
Chief Constable John Robins will be judging the designs in the coming days - and a winner will be announced on our social media accounts soon.
Budding young artists are being offered the opportunity to see their festive artwork to be used for the official West Yorkshire Police Christmas card.
Children aged between:
- 4 to 16 years, can design a corporate Christmas card for West Yorkshire Police demonstrating the different roles in Policing and the work we do to keep communities and the people in them safe.
Rules for artwork:
All entries must be hand-drawn and must be received by the closing date of Monday November 30th, 2020 (any entries received after the closing date will not be counted).
The image should fit on one side of A5 (an A4 piece folded in half) portrait or landscape. This template can be used for entries:
This year’s theme will be to demonstrate the various roles (see some examples below) within Policing and to illustrate the work they do to keep our communities safe :
- Police Officer
- Call Handlers
- Police Community Support Officer
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Police Volunteer
- Traffic Officer
- Special Constable
- Chief Constable
- Communications Officers
- Human Resources
- Neighbourhood Policing Teams
- Command and Dispatch
As well as seeing their design as the Force Christmas card cover, the winner will get a West Yorkshire Police goodie bag!
Two runners-up will also be selected and will receive a certificate.
Below you will find links to useful safety advice which may help:
Cyber Crime and Online Safety Leaflet
General Online Safety Advice
Cash / ATM Advice
Phone and Purse Theft
Christmas Drink / Drive Campaign
The 12 Frauds of Christmas
Burglary – Forgotten Something Campaign
Submission of entry
Entries can be submitted by post to the following address or sent via email to [email protected]
West Yorkshire Police
Corporate Communications - Christmas Card Competition
PO Box 9
We also need the following details written provided with your entry:
- Full name of entrant
- Date of birth
- Home address (including postcode)
- Home phone number
- Email address
- Name of parent/guardian who gives permission
Failure to include any of the above details will mean the entry is not valid. By submitting an entry, applicants are confirming that permission has been given by a parent or guardian to the terms and conditions of the competition.
We will be posting updates on the competition on our social media sites, using #WYPChristmasComp
The competition officially opens on Tuesday October, 27th, 2020 and the final day for entries to be received is Monday November 30th, 2020.
Christmas Card Design Winner
- The winners design will be used as the official West Yorkshire Police Force Christmas Card
- West Yorkshire Police Goodie Bag
Winners will be announced on social media on Friday 4th of December.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be original and images should be hand drawn and fit the relevant themes mentioned as above.
- All entrants must be under 16 years old at date of entry and must currently live in West Yorkshire.
- Entries can be submitted by post only.
- The winners will be decided by the Chief Constable after the closing date.
- The main winning entry will be the Force’s official Christmas card for 2020.
- The winning design may also be used on the Force website and social media accounts.
- Other submitted entries may also feature on the Force website and social media accounts.
- Any submissions cannot be returned to sender.
- Designs, name and age of all entries will be displayed on the Force’s digital platforms.
- All entrants must obtain parental consent to enter the competition.
- West Yorkshire Police will have the right to amend and reproduce any submitted design.
- The winning entries, name, age and a photo of the winning entrants will be displayed on the Force website and released to media.
- No alternate prizes or money will be offered.
- Corporate Communications have the right to discount any entries that contain inappropriate images or language, or do not fit with the relevant theme.
- The winning entrant must submit written parental consent prior to publicity.