Safeguarding Week 2020
West Yorkshire Police, the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire and partners from across the county are coming together as part of Safeguarding Week to highlight issues that may be affecting both adults and children across West Yorkshire.
West Yorkshire Police is committed to protecting vulnerable people from all types of safeguarding issues. These include domestic abuse, child sexual exploitation, forced marriage, female genital mutilation, human trafficking, missing people and serious sexual offences.
We have officers in Safeguarding Units across the Force, who are specially trained to deal with these issues, they will always treat victims sensitively and put their needs first.
Please click here to read our press release.
If you have any concerns for yourself or someone you know you can contact West Yorkshire Police :
- 101 in a non-emergency
- If there is a crime in progress or a danger to life always call 999.
- You can also use our 101 Live Chat
- You can report domestic abuse online
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, for non-emergencies you can use Typetalk / Text Relay 18001 101
You can contact your local Safeguarding Unit using the contact details below:
- Bradford Safeguarding Unit – 01274 376581
- Calderdale Safeguarding Unit – 01422 337362
- Kirklees Safeguarding Unit – 01924 431135
- Leeds Safeguarding Unit – 0113 3859590
- Wakefield Safeguarding Unit – 01924 878398
A full list of our partners’ activities can be found on the links below:
- Domestic abuse
www.westyorkshire.police.uk/DomesticViolence www.westyorkshire.police.uk/DomesticAbuse www.westyorkshire.police.uk/InYourHands www.westyorkshire.police.uk/ReportDomesticAbuse www.westyorkshire.police.uk/ClaresLaw
- Child sexual exploitation
- Forced Marriage
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Serious Sexual Offences
- Safeguarding is Everyone’s Business
Other useful contacts
- National Domestic Violence Helpline
0808 2000 247
- Karma Nirvana (Forced marriage / Honour based abuse helpline)
0800 5999 247
- Men's Advice Line
0800 801 0327
- Men Reaching Out (Male Domestic Abuse Service)
- GALOP (National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline)
0800 999 5428
0800 555 111
- Paladin (Stalking Advocacy Service)
020 3866 4107
- National Stalking Helpline
0808 802 0300
- Safe Spaces
During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, if you are experiencing domestic abuse you can visit any Boots store and ask to use their consultancy room, where they can provide you information and support. Click here for more information and to find your nearest Boots pharmacy.
- Victim Support - Victim Support West Yorkshire