The Professional Standards department assesses and coordinates any complaints made about the conduct of West Yorkshire Polices officers and staff.
The aims of the Professional Standards Department are to:
- Assess and investigate complaints and allegations of misconduct against any member of the Force
- Work on and analyse information and intelligence on any unethical activity from a range of sources
- Assist the Force with organisational learning in order to raise standards
- Deal with issues around service delivery and seek to quickly resolve dissatisfaction with the service we have provided, to retain the confidence of our communities.
We expect the highest standards from our officers and staff at all times so that we can retain the confidence of our communities in the standard of policing service we deliver. It is important that where people are not satisfied with our service that we deal with this in a timely manner and with integrity.
More information can be found on the following pages about how we deal with any complaints or concerns:
- National Strategy on Abuse of Position for a Sexual Purpose
- Misconduct Hearings
- Misconduct Outcomes