If you are unhappy with the way your complaint has been dealt with you may be able to appeal against the outcome.

In most cases the appeal will be made to the Force Professional Standards Department.  They will consider your appeal and, if appropriate, can direct the that the force changes its decision or to take further action with your complaint.


Appeals - Online Forms

To appeal against the outcome of a complaint investigation, or appeal against the outcome of a local resolution or appeal against the decision to disapply your complaint / discontinue an investigation into your complaint - please complete one of the following online forms : -


The guidance on making a complaint is available in a downloadable booklet, together with a guide showing how complaints work and who will deal with them. There is also a downloadable booklet on the process for dealing with a complaint by Local Resolution.

Downloadable Booklet - Local Resolution (PDF)

Guide: How Complaints Work (PDF)