Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

The Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service gives the public an anonymous and confidential route to report information about a police officer, member of staff or volunteer, who they believe are corrupt or committing serious abuse.

The reporting service is run by the independent charity Crimestoppers.

When people contact the service, they can choose to remain 100% anonymous, or can opt to leave their details if they are willing for the force investigation team to contact them directly.  

What to report

Contact the service by calling 0800 085 0000 or via Crimestoppers' website to provide information you have about a serving police officer, staff member or volunteer in the UK, who:

  • Provides information or influence in return for money or favours.
  • Uses their policing position for personal advantage - whether financial or otherwise.
  • Crosses professional boundaries for sexual purposes.
  • Abuses or controls their partner, or those they have a relationship with.
  • Engages in racist, homophobic or misogynistic conduct, on or off duty, in person or online.

The service is only for allegations of corruption or serious abuse.


What to report elsewhere

If you, or someone else, is in immediate danger or a crime is in progress, call 999. Otherwise, call 101.

If you have  information about a crime, you can report certain types of crime online here or use our Live Chat system here to speak to a Contact Agent.

You can complain about the service you have received from West Yorkshire Police here