The West Yorkshire Police Chaplaincy service would be pleased to receive expressions of interest for future recruitment/appointments.
Do you have appropriate leadership experience in a recognised faith group and possess extraordinary pastoral skills?
We would like to hear from people who are passionate about supporting Police Officers, staff, volunteers and their families across our Force irrespective of their belief, faith or whether they have an alternative world view.
You will also need to be:
- Able to build relationships based on friendship and trust, thereby developing a good understanding of pressures affecting officers, staff and their families.
- Available to provide a listening ear and appropriate pastoral care in confidence, signposting individuals to other accessible resources that provide support outside your sphere of experience.
- Willing to visit sick, bereaved or suspended officers, staff and their families either during or outside their duty time, at work, home or other appropriate location.
- Prepared to respond, upon request, to major or critical operational incidents to offer practical and ministerial support in line with Operational Plans.
- Able to lead formal religious services as required by the organisation or individuals.
- Committed to an average of 16 voluntary hours per month.
- Fully vetted due to the nature and sensitivity of the work involved.
If you or anyone you know are able to fulfil these requirements and are interested in being considered for the role of Volunteer Police Chaplain, then please contact Dudley Martin (Lead Chaplain) on 07711 038 873, or via email: [email protected].