Hate Incident Reporting Centres (HIRCs)
Hate Incident Reporting Centres (HIRCs) offer anyone who has experienced or witnessed a hate crime / incident the opportunity to report it in an alternative location to a Police Station. Most of the Centres are managed and updated by the five district Local Authorities within West Yorkshire or alternatively independent reporting services are available, such as Stop Hate UK, True Vision and Bradford Hate Crime Alliance.
Where are the Hate Incident Reporting Centres?
Hate Incident Reporting Centres are based at various community venues / organisations across West Yorkshire.
To report a hate crime, please call the Police on 101. For emergencies, dial 999.
However, if you would prefer not to speak to a Police Officer, you can use one of the independent Hate Incident Reporting Centres in your area.
Hate Incident Reporting Centres are locations where victims of a hate incident may choose to report an incident and have control over the nature of the report, the type of investigation and support they need.
Please click below for details of HIRCs in your area:
Alternatively, if you wish to make a report through an independent reporting service, you can:
- use the online reporting service via True Vision - www.report-it.org.uk
- dial Stop Hate UK 24 Hr Helpline - 0800 138 1625 - to check whether your area is covered please contact the Stop Hate UK website
- dial Stop Hate UK 'Stop Learning Disability Hate Crime' 24 Hr Helpline - 0808 802 1155
- dial Stop Hate UK 'Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender' 24 Hr Helpline - 0808 8010661
- use the Stop Hate UK Hate Crime Reporting App
- Bradford residents can contact Bradford Hate Crime Alliance - www.bradfordhatecrimealliance.org.uk/
- Use the online reporting service from Tell MAMA for Anti-Muslim hate incidents/crimes - http://tellmamauk.org/submit-a-report-to-us/
- Use the online reporting service from Community Security Trust (CST) for Anti-Semitic hate incidents - https://cst.org.uk/antisemitism/report-antisemitism
if you want to report a hate crime / incident directly to West Yorkshire Police, you can:
- dial 999 in an emergency
- dial 101 for non-emergencies
- use our Hate Crime Reporting Form for non-emergencies
- call in person at a Police Station (click here to find your nearest station)
Is what I say confidential?
All information given is confidential and can be given anonymously, with no details entered on the form which could identify the person reporting. The information given can be purely for information purposes only.
For Deaf / Deafblind / Hard of Hearing or Speech-Impaired
Use Text Relay: 18001 101
Mobile phone text: 07786 200 200
Reviewed January 2018