Hate Incident Reporting Centres (HIRCs)
Hate Incident Reporting Centres (HIRCs) offer anyone who has experienced or witnessed a hate crime / incident the opportunity to report it if they would prefer not to report it to the police.
Most of the Centres are managed and updated by the five District Local Authorities within West Yorkshire. Alternatively, independent reporting services are available, such as Stop Hate UK, True Vision and Bradford Hate Crime Alliance.
Where are the Hate Incident Reporting Centres?
Hate Incident Reporting Centres are based at various community venues / organisations across West Yorkshire.
Hate Incident Reporting Centres are locations where victims of a hate incident may choose to report an incident and have control over the nature of the report, the type of investigation and support they need.
Please click below for details of HIRCs in your area:
Bradford / Bradford District Hate Crime Alliance
Alternatively, if you wish to make a report through an independent reporting service, you can:
- use the online reporting service via True Vision - www.report-it.org.uk
- dial Stop Hate UK 24 Hr Helpline - 0800 138 1625 - to check whether your area is covered please contact the Stop Hate UK website
- dial Stop Hate UK 'Stop Learning Disability Hate Crime' 24 Hr Helpline - 0808 802 1155
- dial Stop Hate UK 'Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender' 24 Hr Helpline - 0808 8010661
- use the Stop Hate UK Hate Crime Reporting App
- Bradford residents can contact Bradford Hate Crime Alliance - www.bradfordhatecrimealliance.org.uk/
- Use the online reporting service from Tell MAMA for Anti-Muslim hate incidents/crimes - http://tellmamauk.org/submit-a-report-to-us/
- Use the online reporting service from Community Security Trust (CST) for Anti-Semitic hate incidents - https://cst.org.uk/antisemitism/report-antisemitism
Further guidance for victims of hate crime.
if you want to report a hate crime / incident directly to West Yorkshire Police, you can:
- Call or text 999 in an emergency
- Call 101 for non-emergencies.
- You can also use Text Relay/TypeTalk on 18001 101 for non-emergencies
- You can also contact us via LiveChat at https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101LiveChat
- Use our Hate Crime Reporting Form for non-emergencies
- Call in person at a Police Station (click here to find your nearest station)
Is what I say confidential?
All information given is confidential and can be given anonymously, with no details entered on the form which could identify the person reporting. The information given can be purely for information purposes only.
Page last reviewed January 2020