There are various methods to contact the Police, which can be done from your own home - these include;
- Telephone - call 101 in non-emergencies, or 999 if a crime is in progress or if there is a threat to life.
- 101 Live Chat - talk to Police via our live-chat service
- Various online Crime Reporting methods - report theft, report anti-social behaviour, report criminal damage.
- You can track the progress of a previously reported crime using our Local Crime Tracker tool.
- There are also many topics covered within our Ask The Police Frequently Asked Questions section
Click on the nearest Police district to find out the local Police Helpdesks, along with opening times, and location maps;
If you're not sure which Policing district you live in, or is closest to you, please go to the My Neighbourhood section and enter your postcode, this will take you to your local Neighbourhood Policing Team page, and also show the Policing District.
Page last reviewed April 2022.