In line with Government advice around Coronavirus / COVID-19, the majority of West Yorkshire Police's Public Helpdesk facilities remain open for business.
Slight changes, however, have been made to the opening hours.
The Helpdesks will now be available from 8:00am – 6:00pm each day, including weekends.
Leeds Central, Northgate - Wakefield, Pontefract and Todmorden are now closed until further notice. This is in order that staff can maintain service provision at our larger stations in our policing districts.
The only exceptions will be Bank Holidays when we will be open between 10:00am and 6:00pm at our District Headquarters at Trafalgar House (Bradford), Elland Road (Leeds), Richmond Way (Halifax), Havertop Lane (Normanton) and Castlegate (Huddersfield).
If you need to attend a public Helpdesk, could we please ask that you consider the Prime Minister’s address to the nation; limiting unnecessary journeys and remembering the 2 metre social distance rule and only attend if absolutely necessary to ensure your safety and that of our staff.
There are various methods to contact the Police, which can be done from the safety of your own home - these include;
- Telephone - call 101 in non-emergencies, or 999 if a crime is in progress or if there is a threat to life.
- 101 Live Chat - talk to Police via our live-chat service
- Various online Crime Reporting methods - report theft, report anti-social behaviour, report criminal damage.
- You can track the progress of a previously reported crime using our Local Crime Tracker tool.
- There are also many topics covered within our Ask The Police Frequently Asked Questions section
Click on the nearest Police district to find out the local Police Helpdesks, along with opening times, and location maps;
If you're not sure which Policing district you live in, or is closest to you, please go to the My Neighbourhood section and enter your postcode, this will take you to your local Neighbourhood Policing Team page, and also show the Policing District.
Page last reviewed March 2020