Spring / Summer Burglary Advice 2020
Burglaries can often increase during the spring and summer months, when burglars look to take advantage of doors and windows being left open.
However, taking simple measures such as locking your doors and windows, not leaving valuables on display and using your house alarm can significantly reduce your chances of being a victim.
Crime prevention doesn't have to cost a lot of money - here's a few simple steps that everyone can take to improve their home security : -
- Always lock your doors and windows even when you’re at home
- Always take keys out of locks and keep them in a safe place
- Don't leave keys in reach of the letterbox or cat flap, or on view through a window
- Make sure items such as car keys, laptops, tablets, phones and cash cannot be seen through a window
- Don't leave power cables or charger units for laptops and tablets plugged in and on show
- If you're out, try to make your home look occupied by using a timer switch to control lights
- Make sure Euro cylinder locks have achieved - TS 007 (3 star rating) or Sold Secure Diamond Standard for lock cylinders (SS312)
- If you have a burglar alarm always remember to switch it on when you leave the house or when you go to bed
- Why not start a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme in your area?