Spring / Summer 2017 - Forgotten Something - Anti-Burglary Campaign
Burglaries often increase during the Spring and Summer months, when burglars take advantage of people leaving doors and windows open during the warmer weather.
However, crime prevention doesn’t have to cost a lot of money – taking simple measures such as locking your doors and windows, putting valuables out of view and using a burglar alarm, can significantly reduce your chances of being a victim.
- Lock your doors behind you, even if you're just out in the garden.
- Don't leave attractive items such as bags, laptops and cash inside the door when you've got home.
- Always close and lock windows when you're not in the room.
- Keep your keys out of view and not in reach of the letterbox or a cat flap.
- Don't leave laptops / tablets or their power cables / chargers on show.
- Use your burglar alarm if you have one.
- Check door locks are up to standard
- Keep garden tools and ladders locked away and secure when not in use.
The Force’s latest burglary prevention campaign uses a twist on a popular game with notes stuck to people's heads as a reminder of simple measures they can take to prevent burglary.
For more advice please contact your local Crime Prevention Officer by email or call 101.
If you are deaf or speech impaired use Text Phone 07786 200 200 or Type Talk 18001 101.
If a crime is in progress or there is a danger to life, call 999.