Winter Burglary Campaign 2018
Burglaries often increase during the Winter months, when burglars take advantage of the longer hours of darkness.
Crime prevention doesn’t have to cost a lot of money, there are simple measures you can take to make your home look occupied and reduce your chances of being a victim.
Here are some tips to improve your home security:-
- Always keep doors and windows locked, even when you’re in. Remove the keys from the lock and keep them out of view.
- Use timer switches to turn lights on when you are out. Alternate the times and lights that you use.
- Make sure your alarm and any outside lights are in working order. Always activate your alarm when you leave the house.
- Don’t leave valuables on show, such as laptops, tablets, keys, purses, etc.
- Consider starting or joining a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
For further advice call 101 and ask to speak to your local Crime Prevention Officer.