Autumn / Winter Burglary Advice 2019
Burglaries can often increase during the longer darker nights in the autumn and winter months.
However, crime prevention doesn't have to cost a lot of money - taking simple measures such as timer lights, dusk till dawn lights, locking your doors and windows and using your alarm can significantly reduce your chances of being a victim.
Here's some simple steps that everyone can take to improve their home security : -
- Always lock your doors and windows even when you’re at home
- Always take the key out of the lock and keep it in a safe place - do not leave keys in reach of the letterbox, a cat flap, or on view through a window.
- Invest in timer light switches, and set lights to come on and go off in your home - using low energy light bulbs.
- Make sure items such as car keys, laptops, tablets, phones and cash cannot be seen through a window.
- Do not leave power cables or charger units for laptops and tablets plugged in and on show.
- Make sure Euro cylinder locks have achieved - TS 007 (3 star rating) or Sold Secure Diamond Standard for lock cylinders (SS312).
- If you have a burglar alarm always remember to switch it on when you leave the house or when you go to bed.
- Why not start a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme in your area?
Autumn / Winter Home Security Advice Leaflet
Other Home Security Advice Cards