1. Please state the number of printing devices currently in use within the Service; including MFDs, single function printers, photocopiers and print room devices and how long these agreements are for in years and when the next review will be?
West Yorkshire Police currently have 412 printing devices within the Force.
Please see the following link for details of the contract start and end date - In-Tend Electronic Tendering Site - Contract Manage - Contract (in-tendhost.co.uk)
2. What percentage of your fleet of MFds/printers is in colour vs mono and what are the models in use?
100% of fleet are colour MFD’s, and we currently have the following models in use: C3100P, C3350i, C458, C759.
3. In terms of usage, what is your monthly page volumes for both mono & colour?
Mono – 770k a month.
Colour – 460k a month.
4. Who are the main manufacturers or resellers for the MFDs/photocopiers/printers/Print production devices in use at the service?
5. Who are the main supplier(s) of printer consumables (Toner, spares, etc)?
6. Who is your preferred channel partner, if any for supply of PCs and laptops, and how many of each does the service currently have in use, and when do you expect to review any of these to be replaced?
West Yorkshire Police do not have a preferred partner to provide laptops or PC’s. Any purchases are made via Government or Local Frameworks which can be found on the Bluelight Portal (In-Tend Electronic Tendering Site - Contracts - Current (in-tendhost.co.uk))
We are constantly reviewing our PC and Laptop Estate in order to refresh aging equipment, which governs our total numbers and is constantly changing due to movers, leavers and stock. We currently have 2350 Desktops and 6280 Laptops.
7. What is the approximate spend on printers, photocopying agreements, rental or lease agreement and/or rentals and service charges during the last financial year?
8. What is the length of the MFD, stand alone printers and print room device contracts in place, and can you confirm these are Financial Operating agreements?
9. What are the start and end dates for all printers/MFDs/Print room contracts within your organisation?
Please see the link provided in our response to question 1 for this information.
10. Which procurement route or framework was used to procure this solution and what Framework would the service expect to use next?
West Yorkshire Police use the Crown Commercial Service for procurement.
11. The named person and their role in your organisation who is in charge of the procurement for printing and any managed print or IT contracts?
This is managed via our Regional Procurement Department. Further details of this can be found via the following links:
Regional Collaboration | West Yorkshire Police
What We Spend and How We Spend It | West Yorkshire Police
12. Does the service use any Print Management software, if yes, please confirm the product name, who supplies it and when does the current contract or licencing end?
West Yorkshire Police use SafeQ, which is provided by Konica Minolta. This expires in April 2024.
13. Who supplies your current CCTV services across the Service and when will you next review, and who is the lead contact please?
Our CCTV system is managed in-house. We operate an enterprise VMS system within our Service and Support area. There are no plans to replace the system.
14. Please can you confirm the number of Adobe or other PDF software solution licences being used across the business?
At present, there are 5239 Adobe licenses used in Force.
15. Does the service currently use any Audio Visual/LED/LCD displays, interactive touch screen or Teams meeting room hybrid video conference facilities, and if yes, please can you confirm the number of devices, manufacturer, and any term of agreement in place for rental/lease and any maintenance agreements in use and the end date?
Our video conferencing capability is delivered using Logitech system and is supported in-house (IT support Team), as such, we have no contractual agreements in place.
We have approximately 159 conferencing kits in our digital estate.
16. Who does the service use for all office supplies, (paper, stationary, inkjet/laser cartridges etc) and please can you advise on the average annual spend across the service?
Please see the following link for the requested information - In-Tend Electronic Tendering Site - Contract Manage - Contract (in-tendhost.co.uk).
Our average annual spend is £239k.