PCSO recruitment timeline
- Prior to the application process opening, anyone can register their interest to be a PCSO via the website.
*Please note, the PCSO registration of interest form may be open or closed without prior notice, subject to Force requirements.
- Once the recruitment window opens, anyone can apply via the website. An email will be sent to those who registered their interest and they must then complete the application form. Recruitment windows are generally open 10-14 days.
- Once the recruitment window closes the applications will be reviewed (paper sift)
- Applicants may be contacted for further information, eg photos of tattoos
- Applicants successful at the paper sift will be invited to an assessment centre
- Applicants successful at the assessment centre will be asked to attend a medical appointment, provide employment references and go through the vetting process
- Once checks are completed and passed an offer of appointment will be made. This process can take approximately 5 months.
- Once appointed a position on a training course will be allocated. Training involves a 7 week and 2 day course at Eccleshill (non-residential). This is usually 8am until 4pm, Monday to Friday. Once at district this will involve shift work.
- There will be a 9 month probation period.
- After passing the 9 month probation you will then officially be a Police Community Support Officer!
- Be aged 18 or over at time of applying.
- No upper age limit.
- No fitness test unlike PC.
- No qualifications or work experience required, just a genuine interest and desire to serve the community.