Police Officer Graduate Entry Programme
This route is for people applying to be a Police Officer, who already have a degree.
Salary : £24,780 (increasing to a minimum of £27,030 after three years)
The programme takes two years to complete and is jointly provided by Leeds Trinity University and West Yorkshire Police. It consists of a mixture of classroom based learning and ‘on the job’ training.
All tuition fees will be paid for by West Yorkshire Police.
What do I need to apply?
To apply you must : -
- Be 17 years old or over. There is no upper age limit. You can start the application process if you are 17 years old, but you must have reached 18 years to start the course.
- Have a degree in any subject (or overseas equivalent) or a Master's degree. If you are currently awaiting your degree results you can apply based on your predicted grades. You must provide a letter from your university confirming that you are expected to achieve a Degree in 2021.
- Have no criminal convictions (minor offences will be considered on an individual basis).
- Meet our attendance standard.
- Be able to pass the job related fitness test.
- Comply with the Force tattoo policy.
- Pass the police vetting checks.
The application process can take up to 12 months, depending on the applicant.
Page last reviewed July 2020