What can delay the recruitment process?
- If you need to supply pictures of your tattoos for checking.
- Vetting checks.
- Employment reference checks.
- Medical history checks.
What requirements do I need to meet to apply?
- You need to be at least 18 years old at the time of applying.
- There is no upper age limit.
- There are no minumum height requirements.
- You need to have NVQ Level 3 (in anything) before applying.
- For a Police Officer the pay starts on £23,124 and goes up to £38,382 within 7 years.
- Police Officers get 25 days starting annual leave entitlement.
- Part time and flexible working is available and would be requested via your local HR.
- You can apply for a specialist post within the police but only after completing the 2 years probationary period. Once competed, any application for a specialist post will be done via the internal application process.
- Please declare any convictions/cautions. Declare everything on your application form and each case is treated on individual merit.
- Remember: having a disability doesnt hinder applying! Everyone will see the force doctor on an individual basis and reasonable adjustments are considered.