The process can take up to 12 months to complete, dependant on the applicant.
- Application form – submit your application form online when the recruitment window opens.
- Eligibility checks – your application form will be checked to make sure you have the required qualifications and eligibility to apply.
- Assessment Centre – this includes reasoning and situational judgement tests.
- Interview – this will be a values based interview by a member of West Yorkshire Police.
- Fitness test – this includes a running ‘bleep test’. Applicants must pass level 5.4.
- Security vetting – click here for more information.
- Medical assessment – click here for more information.
For more information about the various stages please see https://www.joiningthepolice.co.uk/how-to-apply
Please be aware that West Yorkshire Police is unable to support applicants switching between the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) and the Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP) entry routes into policing once an application has been submitted and the campaign window has closed.
Page last reviewed September 2020