- Are you a serving police officer looking for a change of scenery or wanting a new challenge?
- Want to join a forward-thinking force with a proven track record of high performance?
We are looking for experienced officers to join us on transfer and we are particularly keen to recruit into specialist roles including:
- Contact officers
- Neighbourhood Policing
- Response Policing
- Yorkshire & the Humber Regional Organised Crime Unit (YatH ROCU)
West Yorkshire Police is the fourth largest force in the UK and the lead force for both the Regional Organised Crime Unit (ROCU) and Counter Terrorism Policing North East (CTP NE). This provides some exciting and unique job opportunities.
Our “outstanding” rating in four key areas at the recent HMICFRS PEEL inspection demonstrates our commitment to providing the best possible service to the communities of West Yorkshire. Our officers, staff and volunteers are pivotal to our success.
We are an innovative and inclusive organisation in a wonderfully diverse location, where our police officers and staff come from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and communities.
From bustling towns and cities to quiet villages and idyllic countryside locations, West Yorkshire has something for all.
Whether you are looking for the next step in your policing career or wishing to move closer to friends and family, West Yorkshire could be the right move for you.
We are looking for officers with passion, determination, and drive to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for the very best.
In return you can expect to work amongst great people, have access to some of the best training facilities and have exposure to a wide range of opportunities which could support you with your ongoing career development.
Current Transferee Police Officer Opportunities
West Yorkshire Police has the following transfer opportunities currently available:
- Promotion Opportunity – Detective Sergeant to Detective Inspector
- Police Constables on Transfer to become Trainee Investigators (TIs) or existing TIs wishing to transfer and continue as a TI
- Police Constables / Detective Constables on Transfer and Re-joiners
- Sergeants / Detective Sergeants (PIP2) on Transfer and Re-joiners
- Inspectors / Detective Inspectors (PIP2) on Transfer and Re-joiners
- Safeguarding roles for Constables, Sergeants and Inspectors (including Detectives at all three ranks)
- Various roles at YatH ROCU on Transfer and Re-joiners
Positive Action Recruitment
West Yorkshire Police encourages applications to be representative of the communities it serves. Read our Equality in Employment page.
Page last reviewed: December 2023.