Covering : Brighouse, Elland, Greetland, Hipperholme, Lightcliffe, Luddendenfoot, Northowram, Rastrick, Ryburn, Shelf, Sowerby Bridge, Stainland, Todmorden and surrounding areas.
In an emergency always dial : 999
For non-emergencies dial : 101
Save time, do it online
In Calderdale local partnership priorities are set at the six weekly Safer, Cleaner, Greener meeting. This meeting brings partners from Police, Fire, Health, Calderdale Council and local councillors, together to tackle local issues.
Each Safer Cleaner Greener area has a lead Police Sergeant and Police Officer who leads on problem solving. They are supported by other officers, PCSO's Police Staff and partnership resources.
You can suggest a local priority by:
- Speaking to local officers
- By attending Ward Forums https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/community-and-living/ward-forums
- Via your local councillor www.calderdale.gov.uk/council/councillors/councillors
- By emailing [email protected] (This mailbox should not be used for reporting a crime, suspicious incidents, anti-social behaviour or to report information)
- You can find updates on local priorities on our new pages, Social media, via ward forums and on our quarterly newsletter.
Calderdale Valley NPT Inspector : Ben Doughty
New Upper Valley priorities set 14th March 2022
Road Safety across the Upper Valley with Particular focus on:
- Station road Sowerby Bridge – Speed and antisocial illegal parking.
- Focus on speeding and perceived speeds through Barkisland village
- Fly tipping and reports of industrial scale disposal of tyres in the upper valley with particular focus on:
- Pecket well and Keighley road area
- Wainstalls – Cold Edge road
Upper Valley local Priority update:
- On 10/3/22 SID deployment with Calderdale wardens outside St Peters School, Walden between 10am and 11am. All vehicles travelling below limit except 2 at 32 and 41.
- On 03/03/22 from 0800 to 1230 officers 2982, 3168, 2566, CS372, CS660 worked with 2 officers from DVSA at the Eastwood Layby, Halifax Rd, Todmorden.
- 4 x VDRS for lighting defects on lights
- 1 x TOR for no seat belt
- 1 x TOR for no MOT
- 6 x Delayed prohibitions for vehicle defects.
- 4 x Immediate prohibitions for vehicle defects. Inc bold tyre.
- Approx 30 vehicles checked.
- On 27/2/22 speed checks Oldham Rd, Rishworth by 3140, approx. 50 vehicles checked, 1 WOA for 40 in 30.
- On 20/2/22 SC 8850 and CS 403 conducted speed checks between 10:15 hrs and 15:30 hrs on 19/02/22 in various locations, starting with SOWERBY NEW ROAD, ROCHDALE ROAD (TRIANGLE), OLDHAM ROAD (RISHWORTH), followed by ROCHDALE ROAD (by CALDER VALLEY SKIP HIRE).
- A total of 25 vehicles were stopped in different locations, around Ryburn Ward, most of them for either speeding 35+ and defective lights.
- 1 Traffic Offence Report was issued.
- On 11/2/22 SC 8912 Chapman and CS 660 Larrad conducted speed checks 16.30 hrs to 17.40 hrs Burnley Road Todmorden in the Portsmouth area. One driver advised to slow down and one advised re faulty headlight.
- Most drivers were observing the limit.
- On 9/2/22 PCSO 403 Serban conducted Speed checks in company with Community Warden Zoe Davis, along Oldham Rd, Rishworth. Majority of vehicles traveling below the speed limit, with the exception of a few, top speed 48 m/h.
- On 9/2/22 from 0815 to 0900 speed checks conducted by 2982 and CS372 on Burnley Rd, Cornholme at Cornholme J and I School drop off time with crossing guard.
- On 8/2/22 between 1050 and 1115 SID deployment Burnley Rd near to Ewood Lane with Neighbourhood Co-ordinator and Community Warden.
- On 8/2/22 CS372 conducted high visibility foot patrol at Walsden and Shade primary schools between 0800 to 0900 during morning drop off. School crossing patrol on Rochdale Road at both schools and no concerns observed.
- On 03/02/2022 CD Traffic Operation Safer Roads on Luddenden Lane, Burnley Road, Cragg Road, Mytholmroyd and Burnley Road at junction of Station Rd, Hebden Bridge. CS410 and PC Moore from the RPU to cover the fatal 4: Inappropriate speed. Using a mobile phone. Not wearing a seatbelt. Drink/drug driving. Covering speed 20pmh, 30mph & 40mph limit in these areas.
- High Visible presence in a marked traffic car in all areas.
- 3 x exceeding the Speed limit, 20mph
- 1 x Contravene red traffic signal
- 2 x vehicle made off, (lost) no MOT + Road fund licence.
- Overall, in total, 4 traffic offences reported, and one intel for submitted.
- On 1.2.22 between 1630 and 1730 speed checks conducted by 2982 and CS372 on Burnley Rd, Todmorden at Roebuck, Cornholme and Lydgate. 5 vehicles stopped and words of advice.
Darker nights burglary initiative to provide crime prevention and target offenders
- NPT officers have been conducting regular rural patrols in and around the Upper Valley when possible on late shifts.
- On 6/3/22 male from the Todmorden area arrested for two burglaries, charged and remanded.
- On 2/3/22 CS372 and CS660 conducted follow up visits to farms and rural premises that had been victims of burglaries and quad thefts around the Todmorden area. 8 premises visited and issued crime prevention and smart water leaflets.
- On 30/01/22 to 01/02/22 CS660 and CS372 conducted a leaflet drop for home security burglary prevention throughout the areas of Walsden and Shade, Todmorden.
Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) patrols and disruption of perceived street dealing in Mytholmroyd
- 4 Section 23 MDA stop searches have been conducted in the Mytholmroyd area over the last 6 weeks.
- Targeted patrols have been conducted around Midgley Rd and Sainsburys Car Park, Mythomroyd.
- Numerous pieces of intel have been submitted with details of vehicles involved in drug dealing in the local area.
- On 4/2/22 13220063245 officers conduct a search of a property Banksfield Estate, quantity of cannabis recovered and suspect arrested.
- On 2/2/22 between 1530 and 1630 officers 2982,3168 and CS410 conducted patrols around Calder High and Dean Clough in relation to Intel 13220014403 report of occupants of scooter YP13RYD dealing to pupils in the area. No vehicle sighted.
- On 31/1/22 between 0800 and 0900 officers 2982, 3168 and CS410 conducted patrols around Calder High and Dean Clough in relation to Intel 13220014403 report of occupants of scooter YP13RYD dealing to pupils in the area. No vehicle sighted.
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Calderdale District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Calderdale area.
Click here to read more about the Calderdale District Community Trigger.