Batley and Spen
Covering : Batley, Birkenshaw, Birstall, Cleckheaton, East Bierley, Gomersal, Heckmondwike, Liversedge and surrounding areas.
View our Coronavirus advice page.
Following the implementation of more stringent measures to stop the spread of coronavirus, all Police and Community Together (PACT) / community meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
The public can be reassured that we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure their safety amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any issues or concerns or anything you would like to raise with your local officers, please get in contact with your Neighbourhood Policing Team, contact details are on the contact page in the menu.
- To disrupt and engage with nuisance youths around the Manor Way area, particularly targeting Misuse of Drugs offences and Anti-Social Behaviour. We plan to deal with this issue by increasing high visibility patrols in the area. We will also use ASB Legislation if required to prevent the youths from returning to the location if warnings are not heeded.
- To target Anti-Social Vehicle use, off road bikes & speeding around the Carlinghow area of, Batley. We will be increasing patrols in the area, working with land owners and Kirklees Housing to make access harder for bikes and utilising our off road bike team.
- To target Anti-Social Vehicle use & speeding at various locations across the Heckmondwike ward area. We have Operation Tireminster in place which involves conducting speed checks at various locations across Heckmondwike.
- Deal with on-going reports of persistent beggars around Morrison’s and Lidl car parks. Work with the community developing and taking action on reports and intelligence received. If you have any information in relation to this issue please ring 101 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org
- To target anti-social off road bike use on the fields at the rear of Stone Street. We plan to deal with this issue through regular patrols, the seizure of nuisance vehicles and issuing of S.59 warnings.
- We will be increasing patrols around the Mann Dam area where we have received reports of youths causing anti-social behaviour. Youths to be identified and dealt with through the ASB process.
- To disrupt and engage with nuisance youths around the Howley Walk area, particularly targeting Misuse of Drugs offences and Anti-Social Behaviour. We plan to deal with this issue by increasing high visibility patrols in the area. We will also use ASB Legislation if required to prevent the youths from returning to the location if warnings are not heeded.
- To target anti-social behaviour in the Soothill area. Working with our partners to identify those involved and deal with through the ASB process.
BIRSTALL, BIRKENSHAW & EAST BIERLEY
- To disrupt and engage with nuisance youths at Fieldhead Estate and the surrounding areas, particularly targeting off road bikes and Anti-Social Behaviour. We plan to deal with this issue by increasing high visibility patrols in the area, utilising our off road bike team and working with partners in the anti-social behaviour team to deter future behaviour.
- To target burglary dwelling offences. We will be increasing patrols in the area and conducting crime prevention work in the area. We will also use support from colleagues across other departments to assist us. Offences will be fully investigated by the dedicated Kirklees Burglary Team and, where evidence exists, Offenders will be arrested and interviewed and all evidence passed to the Crime Prosecution Service for a charging decision
- Targeting the Misuse of Drugs offences and Anti-Social Behaviour within Windy Bank Estate. We plan to deal with this issue by increasing high visibility patrols in the area and working with Kirklees housing dealing with problem residents. A proactive operation has recently taken place where a number of males were arrested and released under investigation whilst enquiries continue.
- To target Anti-Social Vehicle use & speeding around Hill Top, Gomersal. We will be conducting speed checks within the area.
Use the online
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Kirklees District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Kirklees area.
Click here to read more about the Kirklees District Community Trigger.