Covering : Dewsbury, Mirfield, Ravensthorpe, Thornhill Edge, Town Centre, Chickenley, Earlsheaton, Upper Hopton, Lower Hopton and surrounding areas.
Following the implementation of more stringent measures to stop the spread of coronavirus, all Police and Community Together (PACT) / community meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
The public can be reassured that we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure their safety amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any issues or concerns or anything you would like to raise with your local officers, please find out how to get in contact with your Neighbourhood Policing Team on this link: https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/my-neighbourhood
Dewsbury East Ward
- Town Centre Drinkers and General ASB - High Demand Location Occurrence in place
- To engage, disrupt and divert anti-social youths around Wakefield Road, Earlsheaton Park and Bywell Fields, We will, use increased visibility patrols, partnership problem solving approaches and anti-social behaviour management tactics to identify, educate and prevent further issues occurring.
Dewsbury South Ward
- To disrupt and engage with nuisance youths around the Brewery Lane Community Centre on an evening, particularly targeting misuse of drugs, anti-social behaviour and parked cars. We will also use ASB legislation if required prevent the youths from returning to the location if warnings are not heeded.
- To target anti-social use and speeding on Mill Street East, Savile Town, Dewsbury. We will also be running regular speed checks on this road and taking positive action against offending drivers.
Dewsbury West Ward
- Retail Park Ravensthorpe - begging, minor theft, vehicle anti social behaviour and littering - Problem Solving in Place
- Butt End Mills, Lower Hopton, Mirfield - Cars gathering, fire setting, littering and some drug use - Police Problem Solving in Place and Partnership working with the Fire Service, Community Safety and Chart (Substance Misuse Workers)
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Kirklees District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Kirklees area.
Click here to read more about the Kirklees District Community Trigger.