Covering : Dewsbury, Mirfield, Ravensthorpe, Thornhill Edge, Town Centre, Chickenley, Earlsheaton, Upper Hopton, Lower Hopton and surrounding areas.
View our Coronavirus advice page.
Following the implementation of more stringent measures to stop the spread of coronavirus, all Police and Community Together (PACT) / community meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
The public can be reassured that we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure their safety amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any issues or concerns or anything you would like to raise with your local officers, please get in contact with your Neighbourhood Policing Team, contact details are on the contact page in the menu.
Dewsbury East Ward
- Town Centre Drinkers and General ASB - High Demand Location Occurrence in place. We, with colleagues at the Council, are conducting hi visibility patrols utilising Anti-Social Behaviour management tactics to prevent further issues occurring.
- To engage, disrupt and divert anti-social youths around Wakefield Road, Earlsheaton Park and Bywell Fields, We will, use increased visibility patrols, partnership problem solving approaches and anti-social behaviour management tactics to identify, educate and prevent further issues occurring.
Dewsbury South Ward
- To target anti-social use and speeding on Mill Street East, Savile Town, Dewsbury. We will also be running regular speed checks on this road and taking positive action against offending drivers.
- We will use the Op Taskabbey Off Road Team to deal with Nuisance Bikes and their riders, offenders will be dealt with by the use of Section 59 Traffic Regulations initially, which would see the seizure of the bike if it was found to be behaving anti-socially again and/or summonsing the riders to Court.
Dewsbury West Ward
- Retail Park Ravensthorpe - begging, minor theft, vehicle anti-social behaviour and littering – we will increase visibility and deal proactively with offenders utilising ASB legislation
- Nuisance vehicles, both off bikes and cars. We will use the Op Taskabbey Off Road Bike Team for bikes and use Section 59 Traffic Legislation to deal with both the bikes and riders. Ward Officers and PCSOs to patrol the area and use Pro Laser Operations
- Alleged Drug Dealing in the Car Park of Croft House, Upper Hopton. We will increase visibility – Ward Officers and PCSOs to give increased visibility and positive action. Link in with Partner Agencies for Drug Intervention – consideration to be given to ASB Legislation
- Speeding in the Hopton area – we will link in with the Roads Policing Unit and Ward Officers for Pro Laser Speed Operations and increased patrols where possible
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Kirklees District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Kirklees area.
Click here to read more about the Kirklees District Community Trigger.