Covering : Colne Valley, Denby Dale, Golcar, the Holme Valley, Kirkburton and surrounding areas.
View our Coronavirus advice page.
Following the implementation of more stringent measures to stop the spread of coronavirus, all Police and Community Together (PACT) / community meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
The public can be reassured that we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure their safety amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any issues or concerns or anything you would like to raise with your local officers, please get in contact with your Neighbourhood Policing Team, contact details are on the contact page in the menu.
- To target vehicle crime offences in Cumberworth, Clayton West and Scissett. We will be conducting increased high visibility patrols in the areas in addition to crime prevention visits and leaflet drops.
- To target Anti-Social vehicle use and speeding in and around the villages of Birdsedge, Cumberworth, Scissett and Skelmanthorpe. We will be increasing patrols in the areas and conducting regular speed checks.
- To target Anti-Social vehicle use and speeding in the villages of Flockton, Shelley and Shepley and contravention of vehicle weight restriction through Flockton village. We will be increasing patrols in the areas and conducting regular speed checks.
- To target residential burlglary offences in Kirkburton. We will be conducting increased high visibility patrols in the areas in addition to crime prevention visits.
- Nuisance and Off Road Bikes. We will tackle this by regular patrols in the areas where bikes are reported to us, stop checks, taking details, issue warnings and seize any vehicles causing ASB if located. We will share information with other teams and departments to maximise the patrols and utilise the Proactive teams and Off Road Bike team where we can.
- Anti-Social behaviour especially in the Sycamore and 'trees' estate - regular patrols, stop checks, intelligence gathering, submitting information to share with our teams. Regular check-ins with the main instigators. Collate information and record on police systems. We will aim to respond to ASB calls from these areas swiftly and deal with the youths accordingly. Searching them when grounds allow and moving them on, investigating any crimes that occur. Also working with housing and Safer Kirklees to collectively address the problem.
- Anti-social behaviour in Slaithwaite, Linthwaite and the Manchester Road corridor. We will tackle this by regular patrols, stop checks, intelligence gathering, and submitting information to share with other teams. Regular checks with the main instigators. Collate information and record on police systems. We will aim to respond to ASB calls from these areas swiftly and deal with the youths accordingly. Searching them when grounds allow and moving them on, investigating any crimes that occur.
- Off Road Bikes and 4 x 4's Mainly the moorland in Marsden. Large groups gathering, the 4 x 4's are generally not committing offences and ASB but cause concern to the residents, the off road bikes are causing ASB. There is a Problem Solving occurrence, there has been work ongoing with the Off Road Bike team and the National Trust to collectively combat this. We will continue to patrol the area and move people from the locations, issue warnings and seize vehicles where appropriate.
HOLME VALLEY NORTH AND SOUTH
- To target residential burglary offences we will ensure all burglaries are revisited by the Neighbourhood Policing Team and crime prevention advice is offered. We will work closely with crime prevention officers and the CID department. We will ensure areas of concern are targeted with high visibility patrols and leaflet drops.
- To target speeding vehicles and anti-social vehicle use we will continue with speed checks, conduct high visibility patrols and work closely with partners where appropriate to reduce anti-social vehicle use.