Leeds North West
Covering : Adel, Guiseley, Headingley, Horsforth, Hyde Park, Otley, Rawdon, Weetwood, Woodhouse, Yeadon and surrounding areas.
Neighbourhood Priorities - Outer North West Area
- Dealing with anti-social use of motor vehicles in and around Netherfield Road area, and in the car parks of the two main retail parks.
- Early intervention of young people who are involved in anti-social behaviour. Specifically around the green, the retail parks and the leisure centre. Diverting them away from criminality and dealing with any offences.
- Patrols in local parks and green spaces to reduce anti-social behaviour. This is mainly targeting Horsforth Hall Park, but is not limited to this area.
- Dealing with a recent rise in anti-social behaviour on Town Street and the surrounding areas. Working closely with the Leeds Anti-Social Behaviour Team (LASBT).
Yeadon & Rawdon
- Tackling the rise of anti-social behaviour in and around Queensway in Yeadon, using targeted patrols and multi-agency problem solving approaches.
- Targeting, capturing and convicting drug dealers who are known to be working in Yeadon and Rawdon areas.
Adel & Wharfedale
- Project 'Strike-Back' is a burglary reduction initiative which uses multiple police agencies to deter, capture and convict burglars who are believed to be operating in the Adel & Wharfedale area.
- Dealing with road safety issues/speed reduction in Adel, Cookridge & Pool-in-Wharfedale. Specifically safety checks on Old Pool Bank and in the areas between the A660 and ASDA.
- Increased patrols in Wharfemeadows park and other Otley areas after dusk to combat reports of anti-social behaviour and criminal damage.
- Giving crime reduction advice to members of the public to reduce burglary and theft from motor vehicle.
Neighbourhood Priorities - Inner North West Area
Tackling road safety issues/speed reduction on Silk Mills, Woodnooks, Parkstones & Iveson Rise. Regular SID deployment from you local NPT officers to help deter speeding in the identified areas.
- Tackling anti-social behaviour on Otley Road/Far Headingley, using targeted patrols and multi-agency problem solving approaches.
Headingley / Hyde Park
- Tackling burglary offenders and delivering crime prevention advice across Headingley and Hyde Park. Regular messages to be sent out on all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Community Alert), to educate the public on prevention measures that can be put in place. Increased foot patrols in the identified hotspot areas.
- Targeting, capturing and convicting drug dealers who are known to be working in Headingley and Hyde Park.
- Tackling the rise in vehicle crime. Regular crime prevention messages to be sent on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Community Alert). High visibility patrols in the hotspot areas to help deter offenders.
Little London / Woodhouse
- To help tackle street robberies in the Little London area, there will be high visibility foot patrols to help deter offenders. Crime reduction advice to be given out on all social media platforms and by officers who are on patrol in the area.
- Tackling anti-social behaviour particularly on Alexandra Road and surrounding streets, using targeted patrols and multi-agency problem solving approaches.
- Targeting, capturing and convicting drug dealers who are known to be working in Little London/Woodhouse.
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Leeds District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Leeds area.
Click here to read more about the Leeds District Community Trigger.