Covering : Beeston, Belle Isle, Churwell, Cottingley, Drighlington, East Ardsley, Gildersome, Holbeck, Hunslet, Middleton Park, Morley, Robin Hood, Rothwell, Tingley, West Ardsley, Woodlesford and surrounding areas.
In an emergency always dial : 999
For non-emergencies dial : 101
Save time, do it online
Leeds South NPT Inspector: Inspector Lund
Ward Area Beeston and Holbeck updated on 15th November 2023
Covering the areas of Beeston, Cottingley and Holbeck
Lead Area Sergeant: PS 4811 Spencer
Lead Area Problem Solving Officer: PC 220 Robinson
To act on community intelligence to tackle and disrupt the illegal supply of drugs in the Beeston and Holbeck area. We will be increasing high visibility patrols in the area and using a number of different tactics to disrupt the drugs supply including executing warrants where we have intelligence. You can help us by reporting any information or concerns you have directly to us or by using Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org
To continue to work in partnership to tackle the problems caused by on-street sex working in the Holbeck area of Leeds. Dedicated officers will conduct intelligence led, high visibility patrols in the Holbeck area and will respond to community concerns raised through the dedicated phone number.
To continue to work in partnership to tackle anti social behaviour in Cottingley. High visibility patrols in the area to deter anti social behaviour and continue to work with partners to use ASB legislation against offenders.
Ongoing Updates from NPT Priorities above
Weekly tasking meetings have been held with partners to create bespoke action plans for individuals involved in sex working. Enforcement action has been taken against individuals committing offences in the area.
Ward Area – Hunslet and Riverside updated on 15th November 2023
Covering the areas of Hunslet
Lead Area Sergeant: PS 5966 Wilson
Lead Area Problem Solving Officer: PC 5638 Jefferies
To act on community intelligence to tackle and disrupt the illegal supply of drugs and the linked anti-social behaviour which affects those living in the community. We will conduct high visibility patrols in the area and use a number of different tactics to disrupt the drugs supply, including executing warrants where we have intelligence. You can help us by reporting any information or concerns you have directly to us or by using Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org
To reduce persistent begging in the Dewsbury Road area – through proactive high-visibility patrols and partnership working, we shall work to engage with those involved in persistent begging in the area, encouraging those individuals to access support services and taking action against those who continue to persistently beg.
Updates from previous priorities
Drug supply – Officers have utilised a variety of policing tactics, including warrants and stop search to disrupt drug supply in the area. We have also worked with partner agencies resulting in several more closure orders being obtained in relation to problem addresses linked with drugs and drug related anti-social behaviour.
As a result of increased patrols, crime prevention advice being given to residents and businesses in the Fox Way Industrial area we have seen a decrease in theft offences in this particular area however we will continue to monitor this and still provide high visibility patrols to deter offenders.
Ward Area – Middleton and Belle Isle updated on 15th November 2023
Covering the areas of Belle Isle and Middleton
Lead Area Sergeant: PS 4265 Ryder
Lead Area Problem Solving Officers: PC 6069 Griffiths
To target the Antisocial vehicle use and criminality involving the use of Off Road Bikes and Quad bikes around the Belle Ilse Road, Middleton Park and Middleton RingRoad
We will be continuing to target our patrols in the area to tackle this issue in conjunction with the Off Road bike team. We continue to develop the training of our officers in order to assist in tackling the issue and develop intelligence regarding the storage of the vehicles and offenders involved
To Target Drug dealing and antisocial Drug use in the area.
We will use intelligence led Policing and High demand reporting areas to identify the areas of drug dealing and ASB use take place and actively target those areas through patrols and disruption. Look to develop intelligence around addresses and offenders linked to the dealing of drugs.
To assist us in tackling this issue, if you have any information in relation to these issues please ring 101 or report it through www.westyorkshire.police.uk .
The information you provide can be provided ensuring that it can not be linked back to you.
Alternatively you can call crime stoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.
Our monthly community meetings occur on the first Monday of each month, 1800 hours at the Middleton Elderly Age in conjunction with the Middleton community Group.
We also urge you all to follow and share our work in tackling these issues on our social media Facebook Page West Yorkshire Police-South Leeds. On here we will publish our patrols and any successful work in line with these priorities.
We also hold PCSO Contact Points for you to provide information directly to us or have any issues you wish to ask. Dates/times and locations will also be published through our Facebook page.
updated on 17th November, 2023
- PS 83 Martin
PC 4335 Brown
updated on 15th November 2023
PS 3147 Duncan
: PC 3300 Sheldon
- Update – We have identified and begun work with several perpetrators in conjunction with LASBT, alongside these numerous warnings and injunctions have also been served.
- Update – Regular patrols have been conducted where several tickets have been given for the above-mentioned offence alongside others.
- Update – Increased patrols have been conducted in highlighted areas; numerous vehicles have been dealt with utilising the new PSPO from LCC alongside legislation available to the police, this will continue as it is a ongoing issue, should you be affected please ring police or contact via webchat to make NPT aware as soon as possible.
- Update - PCSO’s have been in regular attendance at primary schools in the area where parking matters have been monitored to ensure safety, this will continue throughout the school year.
Ward Area - East Ardsley and Robin Hood updated on 3rd October 2023
Covering the area of East Ardsley, West Ardsley, Tingley, Thorpe, Lofthouse and Robin hood.
Lead Area Sergeant - PS 3486 Hinchcliffe
Lead Area Problem Solving Officer: PC 1093 Osborne
· We are working to prevent and disrupt ASB and nuisance motorbike usage around the Northfields estate in Carlton This also overlaps into Rothwell with bikes crossing into the manor estate using the Rothwell Greenway.
· Asb related crime in and around Tingley
Updates from October Priorities
· We have targeted several youths in Tingley who are currently pending court action for the offences they have been charged with, we have also worked with Leeds anti social behaviour team and youth offending who are working with these youths and others to attempt to prevent and deter this offending
· We continue to pay regular attention to the area in order to - deter anti social behaviour We are targeting those we find to be involved, we will work with our offroad bike team and Leeds anti-social behaviour team to target this behaviour.
Ward Area – Rothwell updated on 3rd October 2023
Covering the areas of Rothwell, Oulton and Woodlesford
Lead Area Sergeant: - PS 3486 Hinchcliffe
Lead Area Problem Solving Officer: PC 1600 Bhachu
· To continue to disrupt ASB and engage with youths causing ASB in and around Commercial street, Rothwell, the town centre. We will continue use ASB legislation where necessary to disrupt this behaviour and look to engage with partners to find a long-term solution.
· ASB on off road and other motor bikes along the Rothwell Greenway, links to issues on the Northfields estate on the Ardsley – Rothwell boarder.
· We have very much focused our attention of this problem some suspects have been dealt with at court for different offences and we have seized several bikes. Leeds off road bike unit are aware of the issues and heading to our area more often
· We have recently used dispersal order legislation to prevent and deter asb in the town centre we have seen a decline in this behaviour and we continue to work to reduce it and will re-use the legislation available if needed
· We are working with stores and partners to identify the youths involved in asb in the town centre, some have already been given community resolutions and ASB warnings by ASB team. We are continuing this work
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Tell us anonymously about public places where you've felt or feel unsafe StreetSafe.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.