Wakefield City and North West
Covering : Horbury, Ossett, Outwood, Stanley, Wakefield City Centre, Wrenthorpe and surrounding areas.
To work closely with partner agencies to address the issues of Anti Social Behaviour and crime in the following areas:-
Ward 20 NPT Lupset/Thornes
- Anti-social behaviour inc. nuisance youths, illegal use of motor bikes and littering/fly tipping
- Damage to private and commercial property
Ward 17 NPT City Centre / Flanshaw / Peacock
- Anti-social behaviour / Street drinking
- Speeding / anti-social use of the roads
- Shop theft
Ward 16 NPT Portobello, Eastmoor & Pindersheath
- Illegal & anti-social parking. Damage to grassed areas through inconsiderate parking
- Anti-social behaviour inc. street drinking, illegal use of motor bikes
- Drug dealing and drug taking
- Protecting young people from Child Sexual Exploitation: Young people being groomed by older teens or adults with gifts or alcohol in exchange for sexual acts.
- To tackle anti-social behaviour in and around Ossett bus station & Skate park.
- To tackle anti-social behaviour around Horbury town centre & Horbury Lagoon.
- To tackle anti-social behaviour around Stanley community centre.
- To tackle anti-social behaviour at Outwood Park.
- To tackle anti-Social Behaviour at Snow Hill retail Park.
How you can take action...
Contact your Neighbourhood Policing Team
Click here to view your local NPT contacts
West Yorkshire Community Alert
Keep in touch with local police updates - sign up to the new community messaging system West Yorkshire Community Alert.
Join your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme
Neighbourhood Watch is the largest voluntary crime prevention group in the country with over 10 million members. Full details are available in the Neighbourhood Watch section.
Get involved or volunteer
Get involved, volunteer or contact your local team on the contact numbers to see what you can do to help. See more details about Police Volunteers in the recruitment section.
More information about West Yorkshire Police, policies and procedures
See the Publication Scheme section.
Wakefield District Community Trigger
A process to help repeat victims of Anti-Social Behaviour in the Wakefield area.
Click here to read more about the Wakefield District Community Trigger.