UPDATE: Police Make Two More Arrests Regarding Arson Attack On Home, Stonedene Court, Heckmondwike

Wednesday 21 August, 2019

Police investigating the attempted murder of a family in Heckmondwike have made new arrests as enquiries continue.

The Homicide and Major Enquiry Team have said they are continuing to appeal for information as they continue to investigate an arson attack on a house on Stonedene Court, Heckmondwike on at about 4.13am on Sunday August 11.

A 45-year-old man from Batley and a 31-year-old man from Cleckheaton are in police custody today after being arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

A 17-year-old male who managed to escape the blaze by jumping from an upstairs window remains in hospital and is described as being in a critical but stable condition after suffering burn injuries in the incident.

Detectives have made a number of arrests in relation to the investigation, but stress they are still appealing for information.

Of those persons arrested, a 37-year-old woman and a 21-year-old man, both from Heckmondwike, were released on police bail as was a 19-year-old Dewsbury man.

Two females aged 21 and 17, and a 22-year-old man who were all also arrested were released without charge.

DCI Sharron Kaye of the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said: “We continue to have a number of active enquiries ongoing into this incident and have two more suspects in custody who are being interviewed today.

“I continue to ask anyone who has information but has not yet come forwards to do so.  A 17-year-old male continues to be treated for very serious injuries in hospital in an arson attack on a property in which his mother and sisters were also present.”

Anyone who has information or CCTV of the offence or suspicious behaviour on the street is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, (HMET) on 101 referencing Operation PAIRGLEN and crime number 13190409679.

Information can also be given online at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101livechat

______________________________________________________________

Friday 16 August, 2019

Police are asking for the residents of Heckmondwike who may have important information about an attempted murder of a family of four at a house there to come forwards.

The Homicide and Major Enquiry Team are continuing to investigate an arson attack on a house on Stonedene Court, Heckmondwike on at about 4.13am on Sunday (11/8).

A 17-year-old male who managed to escape the blaze by jumping from an upstairs window remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition after suffering burn injuries in the incident.

Detectives have made a number of arrests in relation to the investigation over the course of the week, but stress they are still appealing for information.

A 21-year-old man, and a 37-year-old  woman, both from the Heckmondwike area, were arrested on Thursday (15 August) and remain in custody under arrest on suspicion of attempted murder.

A 19-year-old Dewsbury man who was arrested earlier in the week has been released on police bail.

Two females aged 21 and 17, and a 22-year-old man who were all also arrested earlier in the week have been released without charge.

DCI Sharron Kaye of the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, said: “We have a number of active enquiries ongoing into this incident which has caused shock in the local community.   We have made arrests but are very much still appealing for information.

“I would ask anyone in Heckmondwike or the surrounding area who we have not spoken to who can assist to make contact with us.

“As things stand a 17-year-old remains in hospital having suffered some very serious injuries, while his mother and sisters also suffered smoke inhalation after having to jump from their own house.

“If you have information which could help the investigation then please get in touch.”

Anyone who has information or CCTV of the offence or suspicious behaviour on the street is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, (HMET) on 101 referencing Operation PAIRGLEN and crime number 13190409679.

Information can also be given online at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101livechat

 

______________________________________________________________

 

Tuesday 13 August, 2019

Police investigating the attempted murder of a family in Heckmondwike have today arrested a fourth person in connection with the enquiry.

A 19-year-old Dewsbury man was arrested this morning on (13 /8) suspicion of attempted murder in relation to an arson attack on a house in Stonedene Court, Heckmondwike at about 4.13am on Sunday morning.

He remains in custody this evening as do two females aged 21 and 17, and a 22-year-old man arrested yesterday.

A 17-year-old male who received serious injuries in the fire remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

Anyone who has information or CCTV of the offence or suspicious behaviour on the street is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, (HMET) on 101 referencing Operation PAIRGLEN and crime number 13190409679.

Information can also be given online at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101livechat

_______________________________________________________________

Monday 12 August, 2019

Police investigating the attempted murder of a family in Heckmondwike have today arrested three people

A 21-year-old Wakefield woman, 22-year-old Wakefield man and a 17-year-old female from Batley have all been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in relation to an arson attack on a house in Stonedene Court, Heckmondwike at about 4.13am on Sunday morning.

All three remain in custody this evening as enquiries continue.

Anyone who has information or CCTV of the offence or suspicious behaviour on the street is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, (HMET) on 101 referencing Operation PAIRGLEN and crime number 13190409679.

Information can also be given online at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101livechat

______________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 11 August 2019

Police are appealing for witnesses following an arson attack at a house in Heckmondwike, which officers are treating as an attempted murder.

Officers were called to a property on Stonedene Court, Heckmondwike at about 4.13am on Sunday (11/8) to a report of a fire at a house there.

The four occupants managed to escape from the property, with a 17-year-old male suffering burn injuries and an injury to his body as a result of jumping from an upstairs window.

A woman and two girls, aged 16 and 11, also managed to escape via windows.

They were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital.  The 17-year-old is currently in a serious but stable condition in hospital being treated for his injuries.

Detectives are conducting active enquiries today and local officers are also conducting reassurance patrols in the area.

Detective Superintendent Mark Swift of the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, who is leading the investigation, said: “This is clearly a very serious incident in which a male has suffered burn injuries and three females have also suffered smoke inhalation.

“It took place at a time of night when a family were at home sleeping and could quite easily have had fatal consequences for those inside.

“We are treating this incident as an attempted murder and I am appealing to members of the public for information.

“It is quite possible the suspects will have suffered some injuries as a result of lighting the fire and I would like to speak to anyone who has information about males having turned up at home this morning with burns. 

"I would also like anyone who has information about males buying petrol in cans from garages to contact us.

“Also, anyone who saw suspicious behaviour in the area of the affected property, or who has CCTV of such behaviour, should get in touch.”

Anyone who has information is asked to contact the Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, (HMET) on 101 referencing Operation PAIRGLEN and crime number 13190409679.

Information can also be given online at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101livechat  or anonymously to the independent Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111. 

News type