Christmas Card Competition 2016
The 2016 Christmas Card Competition is now CLOSED.
We'd like to say a huge thank-you to all of the children who submitted their artwork.
The Chief Constable Dee Collins will be judging the submissions and the winner will be announced on Wednesday, 30th November, 2016.
Budding young artists are being offered the opportunity to see their festive artwork on the front of the West Yorkshire Police Christmas card.
We are launching a competition on Monday 7th November, for children aged 12 and under, to design the Force's corporate Christmas card. All entries must be hand-drawn and fit the theme of 'The Police at Christmas'.
The winner - in addition to seeing their design on the front of the Christmas card - will also win a tour of West Yorkshire Police's Carr Gate training complex. Subject to any operational requirements on the day, they will have the opportunity to see the National Police Air Service helicopter, the horses in the Mounted Section and the firearms and public order training areas.
Entries can be submitted via the online form below and also by Tweeting us or by post (full entry information below).
The competition closes at midnight on Sunday, 27th November, 2016.
NOTE if entering by post, please ensure submissions are posted by Friday 25th November.
The entries will be published in a photo album on the West Yorkshire Police Facebook page and the overall winner will be chosen by Chief Constable Dee Collins after the closing date. The winner will be announced on Wednesday, 30th November, 2016.
Full terms and conditions, as well as an entry form can be found below.
- All entries must be hand drawn Christmas cards and fit the theme of ‘The Police at Christmas’
- All entrants must be either 12yrs old or under and must currently live in West Yorkshire.
- Entries can be submitted via Twitter (using the hashtag #WYPChristmasCard), an online form (below), or by post.
- Postal entries can be sent to: Christmas Card Competition, Corporate Communications, West Yorkshire Police, PO Box 9, Laburnam Road, Wafefield, WF1 3QP
- All entries will be published in a Facebook photo album - with the winner being chosen by Chief Constable Dee Collins.
- The winning entry will be the Force’s official Christmas card for 2016 and the winner will win a tour of Carr Gate, visiting NPAS, Mounted Section, Firearms and Public Order Training (*subject to vetting).
- Any design entered may also be used to promote staying safe at Christmas on the Force website and social media accounts.
Competition terms and conditions
- Any submissions cannot be returned to sender.
- Designs, name and age of all entries will be displayed on the Force’s digital platforms.
- All entrants must obtain parental consent to enter the competition.
- West Yorkshire Police will have the right to amend and reproduce any submitted design.
- The winning entry, name, age and a photo of the winning entrant will be displayed on the Force website and released to media.
- The prize of a tour of Carr Gate will be arranged at a mutually convenient time for the winner and West Yorkshire Police and maybe re-arranged if operational duties require. Must be claimed by 31.1.17.
- There is no financial reward for winning the competition and no expenses will be paid for the visit to Carr Gate.
- Winner will be subject to a police background check / vetting before confirmation
- Corporate Communications have the right to discount any entries that contain inappropriate images or language, or do not fit with the ‘Police at Christmas’ theme
- The winning entrant must submit written parental consent prior to publicity.
The form for entries has now been removed from below.