Night Out Survival Guide
Enjoy your night out but Stay Safe!
To download the Stay Safe leaflet, click here. (PDF 1.8MB)
West Yorkshire Police do all they can to keep the public of West Yorkshire safe during nights out across the county's towns and cities.
The busiest periods for the pubs and clubs are during the Summer and over the Christmas holidays so during this time the Force runs Operation Northdale. Officers, together with volunteers from the NHS, Probation Service, Street Angels and night marshalls work together with the aim of reducing the number of sexual offences.
These volunteers are positioned in key locations where they can help anyone who may be vulnerable during their night out.
Our tips for having fun and getting home safely are:
- Always pre-book a licensed taxi for your journey home
- Stay with your friends and never walk home alone
- Never leave your drinks unattended, even soft drinks get spiked
- Drink water in between alcoholic drinks
- You don’t have to be drunk to have a good night, set limits and stick to them
- Alcohol can change your behaviour and make you do things that you wouldn’t normally do
If you have been a victim of sexual violence there are specially trained staff that you can speak to.
In an emergency dial 999.
For non-emergencies or if you have information about an offender tell us by calling 101.
Victim Support ISVA service - 0300 3031971 – between 8am-8pm Monday – Friday and Saturday between 9am-5pm.