Report Domestic Abuse

West Yorkshire Police takes reports of domestic abuse very seriously.

We have created a simple online form to allow you to report domestic abuse to us, as an alternative to speaking on the phone.

The information you give us on the form will be dealt with in the same way as any other report of domestic abuse.

If an incident of domestic abuse is ongoing, you should report it over the phone by dialling 999 immediately.  If possible go to a place of safety, for example a room with a lock on the door.

You can contact the Police 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling –

  • 999 for emergencies – if a crime is in progress or there is a danger to life

  • 101 – for non-emergencies

You can also use Live Chat system, for any queries or guidance, but this cannot be used to report a crime.

We will only contact you when you say it is safe to do so and we will use the most appropriate method of communication, unless there is an urgent need to protect you from harm.

If you are worried that someone you know is suffering domestic abuse, you should phone 101 or 999 in an emergency to report this - rather than online.

For information on domestic abuse and coercive and controlling behaviour, and for a list of support agencies, please click here.


Click here to leave this page quickly

How long will the form take?


The form will take 5 to 7 minutes to complete and it is therefore important that you allow time for this if you feel that reporting your situation to us may put you in harms way.

We also recommend that you take any necessary steps to delete your browsing history following using the online form. Please click here for guidance on deleting browsing history (opens a new browser/tab). This link is provided again on the form confirmation page.

If you wish to continue, please do so below.

Let's check a few things first
Did the incident you wish to report occur in the West Yorkshire area?

Sorry, we can only accept a report of domestic abuse that has occured within the West Yorkshire area. 

Any incidents outside of the West Yorkshire area cannot be reported to West Yorkshire Police. Please click here to find the Force area where the incident took place and for alternative reporting methods.
Are you completing this online form about yourself, or someone else

Sorry, we cannot accept a report of domestic abuse on behalf of someone else using this online form.

If you are worried that someone else is suffering domestic abuse, you should phone 101 or 999 in an emergency to report this - rather than online.