West Yorkshire Safeguarding Week 2017
Safeguarding… it’s everybody’s business
West Yorkshire Safeguarding Week: Monday 9th October – Sunday 15th October.
West Yorkshire Police, the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire and partners from across the county are coming together as part of Safeguarding Week to highlight issues that may be affecting both adults and children across West Yorkshire.
West Yorkshire Police is committed to protecting vulnerable people from all types of safeguarding issues. These include domestic abuse, child sexual exploitation, forced marriage, female genital mutilation, human trafficking, missing people and serious sexual offences.
We have officers in Safeguarding Units across the Force, who are specially trained to deal with these issues, they will always treat victims sensitively and put their needs first.
If you have any concerns for yourself or someone you know you can contact West Yorkshire Police on 101 in a non-emergency.
If there is a crime in progress or a danger to life always call 999.
You can also use our live webchat – www.westyorkshire.police.uk/contactus
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, for non-emergencies you can text 07786 200 200 or use Typetalk / Text Relay 18001 101
You can contact your local Safeguarding Unit using the contact details below:
- Bradford Safeguarding Unit – 01274 376116
- Calderdale Safeguarding Unit – 01422 337362
- Kirklees Safeguarding Unit - 01924 431135
- Leeds Safeguarding Unit – 0113 3859590
- Wakefield Safeguarding Unit – 01924 878398
As part of West Yorkshire Safeguarding Week we are working with our partners from across the county on policing operations and local events.
Follow us on Twitter using #WYSafeguardingWeek
We will also be live on Facebook throughout the week, look out for messages on our social media accounts.
A full list of our partners’ activities can be found on the links below:
- Domestic abuse – www.westyorkshire.police.uk/domesticviolence
- Child sexual exploitation – www.westyorkshire.police.uk/cse
- Forced Marriage - www.westyorkshire.police.uk/forcedmarriage
- Female Genital Mutilation – www.westyorkshire.police.uk/fgm
- Serious Sexual Offences – www.westyorkshire.police.uk/staysafe
Other useful contacts
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – 0808 2000 247
- West Yorkshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) - 0330 223 3617
- Karma Nirvana (Forced marriage / Honour based abuse helpline) - 0800 5999 247
- Mens Advice Line - 0800 801 0327
- Men Reaching Out (Male Domestic Abuse Service) – 01274 731020
- GALOP (National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline) – 0800 999 5428
- Crimestoppers - 0800 555 111
- Childline - 0800 1111
- Paladin (Stalking Advocacy Service) – 020 3866 4107
- National Stalking Helpline – 0808 802 0300